1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mulch renovator spray?????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MOW ED, Apr 9, 2002.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I found zip in a search. Anyone know of a product that you spray on the mulch to make it look new again. I know there is something out there but I cant remember the name. Does it last and for how long. Also what is the cost and how easy is it to use?

Lots of questions. I have a cheap customer that wants it to look good but not pay 50 a yard to recap.

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We used it before! Doesnt come close to any mulch we sell but if your touching up a area you need to do all the mulch in the area! It will be good for a inexpensive replacement!

3. T. Matthews

T. Matthews LawnSite Member

I have used it. It works ok as long as it is not in a irrigated area. I used a mircle grow sprayer attacthed to a garden hose, but be careful it stains.

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks T I forgot to say it stains real bad!!!

5. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

lesco sells a product called NU-MULCH I have used it and it works well but is no substitute for the real thing

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

"mulch magic" comes in red for cypress/cedar, brown for hardwood pine. it is available from landscapers supply in 1/2 gallon concentrate for 30 bucks or so. they are on the web, and have catalog ads in Turf or Pro magazine. you mix it about 1-6 ounces per gallon of water in your backpack. another product, "bark renew" attatches to the end of the hose and does a better job of maintaining color than changing it. I have dumped a quart in my tank when treating my beds at my home 2x per year w/ 25 gallons of pre-emergent/bug/fungicide/fert/iron as well. it does about 1200 sq. ft of beds and costs 10 bucks per hose end applicator. thier number is 1-800-234-6437 I still mulch 2x per year as mulch decomposes. these products just help it look great between topdressing. Dave g