Mulch Spreaders

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RPM Lawn Care, Mar 22, 2007.

1. RPM Lawn Care

RPM Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of any other mulch spreader/blower manufacturers other than mulch mule. I dont feel like paying $40K for that equipment. I have substaintally grown the size of my business, and need a more efficient way of applying mulch. Any ideas or other manufactures would be awsome.
    Thanks guys

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Try a 10-tine stubby pitchfork, a wheel barrow, and a landscaper's rake.
    Beyond that, hire help, the above 3 tools are good for 2 people.

3. RPM Lawn Care

I wasn't looking for a sarcastic remark, I started out with those tools, but unlike some, I have expanded and gotten bigger, and those tools are no longer going to be able to keep up with the quantity of jobs I have on the books, but thanks for trying.

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

5. RPM Lawn Care

Thank you very much

6. RPM Lawn Care

If you dont mind, I would like to contact you. I have some questions on your web page, and some questions in general. Thanks

7. rameigh

rameigh LawnSite Member
    from NC

Look into motorized georgia buggies they use for concrete. I can fit 2 yards of mulch per load and it has a hydraulic scoop...etc. Saves ALOT of time

8. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 LawnSite Member

A john deere gator will fit an almost full bucket bobcat bucket of mulch or about three wheel barrows. It doesn't track up turf and is quiet. Try it before you buy it.

9. chris638

chris638 LawnSite Member

We have a trailer mounted Finn bark blower. On anything over 5 yds. installed we use it. Down fall is in tight places, it gets a little hard. We can usually install 70-80 yds. a day if doing it non-stop all day.