Mulch suppliers in N.E. Ohio

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by snap12.5, Mar 19, 2006.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm getting started with mulch jobs soon and unfortunately the supplier I used last year is no longer around. Who has some good clean mulch in the Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Fairlawn, and Bath areas? I've heard of a guy selling some Amish mulch around here but I'm looking for some more options.

I'll be checking out Mulch Makers' "landscapers" mulch but won't be interested in it if it is like last's way too fine and doesn't hold its color for long at all compared with bark mixes from other places.

Let me know if you have some ideas....

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

How much do you figure you are going to use this season? I am thinking about getting a load from a lumber company in Holmes county, but I need to order it at 100+ yards at a time. If I can find someone who needs enough of it, I will buy it and have it delivered to my home in Doylestown. I just don't usually use that much.
  3. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

if you went with the semi-load, how much is it per yard?
  4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I pay $1,100 per semi load.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Have a name and # for the company? I can use a couple loads
    you can pm with the info, I'm not close enough to you to help take some off your hands
  6. LorentzLawnSnow

LorentzLawnSnow LawnSite Member

i too would be interested in a number for this place.

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

The place that I was reffering to is a small lumber mill that is run by an Amish guy so I don't have a number.
    OlderThanDirt has PM'd me with information on another guy from the area. I really don't think I can beat his price. If OlderThanDirt wants to post his information here, it may help you out. I don't want to post it in case he doesn't want the information made public.
  8. snap12.5

from Ohio

Have any of you guys bought mulch from the guy on Hazel Street in Akron? Is it any good?
  9. snap12.5

from Ohio

Would you offer delivery as well? Price?
  10. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

ANyone know of a good supplier in the Cincinnati area? Prices I looked at yesterday was about $24/yd + $29 delivery. The delivery fee is acceptable but the mulch seemed a little high. I would like to spend closer to $20 or below if possible.