1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulch tarps

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GriffinLawnService, Mar 7, 2007.

1. GriffinLawnService

GriffinLawnService LawnSite Member

I am looking for those mesh style tarps that people use to put over mulch and top soil when hauling it. Thanks for any help
  2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Northern Tool has them

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto...that's where I got mine.

To me they are the best tarps for MOST uses. They are lighter than other materials, VERY durable, etc. They are just not very "shape-able" to use in tight areas to catch hedge clippings.

I use one of mine and lay it on my open trailer, have them dump the mulch on it, then over wrap the mulch.
  4. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

John Deere also has them in different sizes and colors. Great also for protecting foliage while transporting plant material.
  5. okeefl

okeefl LawnSite Member

Got mine from Harbor Frieght.
  6. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

All the nurseries and greenhouses around me carry them. Also, our local TSC store carries them in stock, and Countrymax can order them for you.
  7. GriffinLawnService

GriffinLawnService LawnSite Member

thanks for all the help. Never saw them in northern guess I will just have to open eyes haha
  8. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

Thats about all I use mine for.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member