mulch technique

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rslawnscapes, Apr 11, 2006.

1. rslawnscapes

rslawnscapes LawnSite Member

How do you get the mulch around trees to look so good?the sides are shaped so perfect they look like they were popped out of a cupcake mold.

2. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

We put mulch out by hand for areas like that. It's a better, to me, than using a pitch fork. You can stretch your mulch & place it better. good luck!!

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Different types of mulch are different for different areas. you take a shedded type like shredded cedar, for instance. When you lay it into a bed, you leave it fluffed up. As a matter of fact, this can occasionally be re-fluffed for a fresher appearance. On slopes and slanted tree rings however, sometimes it is necessary to pack it in to keep it from washing out. If it isn't, usually it just settles on its own after a few rainfalls and such, but once in awhile, like I said, it can wash out. Anyway, when you se it packed up like that, that is probably what was done...it was packed in like that. I hope this helps.