Mulch To Bag Conversion

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DieselDeere, Aug 24, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Has anyone found any tricks to getting the mulch kit off, faster?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel,

The best trick I ever found to inspect the hardware as I remove it and replace it if it's getting rusted. Otherwise I'll put it back on with the rusted hardware and then I've really got a fight the next time I want to remove it.

Thanks

Terry

3. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Is their some way to keep grass out of bolt's threads?
    I take my mulch kit off every week, the carriage bolts have made the square holes in the mulch kit baffels larger, so large that the bolts just spin, is this normal? It never to the ones that go in the square holes in the deck. Is it because the deck is thicker than the baffels?

4. eXmark

Diesel,

Once the square holes are rounded out about all you can do is put in a standard bolt. I don't believe my mulch kit had any carriage bolts left in it either but that's probably because I lost'm.

If your rounding specific holes but not the others I might suspect corrosion or I might also suspect the ones that are rounded out are also the most difficult to get at and to get lined up properly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Terry

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I just put mine back on last week. Works pretty darn good. But the time required is still too much to allow switching back/forth during the season very much. The ability to put the mower on a lift would help a lot, but that's not an option for me.

Any plans in the works for Exmark to design quick-change mulch/discharge decks?

6. eXmark

Bruce32,

Thanks for the input. The big issue is making the easily removable and still function properly as a Mulch kit.

Give me a call at 800-667-5296, I'd like to discuss this in a little more detail.

Thanks

Terry

7. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Maybe that's my problem, I switch back and forth 1-2 times a week.

8. DieselDeere

from Midwest

how much does the 3.5 bushel side bagger weigh without the plate?

9. eXmark

DD,

Probaly 6 or 7 pounds at the most.

Thanks

Terry