Mulch ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by unlimted01, Feb 1, 2007.

1. unlimted01

unlimted01 LawnSite Member

Hi,
    As my first year really stepping into the landscaping market i was wondering if anyone could give me any tips. I was wonderin what do u guys charge for mulch and install. I came up with 21 a yard and 20 a yard instal is that in the right range or am i off

2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

LOW. Mark up you mulch price per yard and charge $30-$45 depending on the location and weeding needs. Dont forget to add in the delivery charge
    That will get the ball rolling for you.
    Keep asking questions and you'll make some money and not go under in your first year. Lots of people here with good advice

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

You are in a totaly different market, but there are people around here chargine as low as $30/yd installed including edging. Those people are crazy.

The most I have been able to charge is $45/yd before people say they will go somewhere else for mulch. I sub out a lot of my mulch work and pay $35/yd installed.

There are a few companies charging $60/yd plus bed work.

All prices stated are for course hardwood mulch. Price Includes bed cleaning and edge work.

EDIT:

Oh ya, no delivery fees and 2 yd minimum.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

$100/yard delivered prepped and installed

5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

$65 per yard with no prep if the job requires more than 15 yards. (that's the minimum for using our blower truck) $95 per yard if less than 15 yards is required.

6. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I charge $70 a yard installed. This does not include edging. If its in a tough spot, I charge a bit more.

7. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That would never fly around here..... $60-$100 for laying out 9 bags of mulch.
    Might as well say "I don't do that" and save yourself the trouble of an estimate.

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well 60 to 85 should be about right. For the pick up and delivery, it sound about right.

9. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

We start at 2x what the mulch costs us. Our range is from $56/yd - 85/yd. Price varies due to amount of weeds. Don't forget to sell the pre-M or spraying for the weeds.

10. bluediamond

bluediamond LawnSite Member

We charge $60 for brown and $75 for red and black installed no major weeding though, that would be extra. We pay $10 for brown and $17.50 for red and black. All prices are per yard.

www.bluediamondlandscaping.com