MUlchiing Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryanB, Feb 27, 2001.

1. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

What is the going rate for you guys as far as mulching and spring cleanup goes. Do you bid by the hour or the job.

2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Flat rate of $35/yard plus delivery ($15-$35). Did the first mulch job of the year today. If customer wants over 10yds. I will waive the delivery charge.

3. BryanB

BryanB LawnSite Member

Is that just for the mulch or to spread it to.

4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think that was for labor only...it didn't look like he included mulch cost.

5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

That price is to spread also. I make approx. $20/yd. and can put out 3yds/hr by myself. I now have a new employee and it took us 2 hrs. from delivery to final clean-up. Basically I made $100 for two hrs. I've seen on here were some charge up to $65/yd but my area will not pay that much. I also found out today that my dealer is going up $1/yd due to high cost of fuel. That increase will prompt me to increase my price from $35 to $36/yd.

6. LoneStarLawn

i stand corrected

7. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

the wholesale mulch in my area is 10 dollars per yard. i was thinking of charging 30 per yard for relatively easy spreads (wheel up and dump) i have one customer that has several terraced beds and some beds that are 150 feet or more from the nearest drop site. so that one is 35 per yard.

8. LoneStarLawn

what kind of mulch are ya'll refering to when you get $10 a yard.??..The cheapest wholesale mulch here is $14 cu yard and that is Native Forest Floor Mulch...and we always use the more expensive types

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i spread mulch 1/2 the price of the cost of the mulch.

10. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

To determine my price I take the price of a cubic yard of mulch and multiply it by 3.

Example:

The job calls for 3 cubic yards of mulch at a cost to you of $20 per yard.

$20 x 3 = $60/yard. $60 x 3 cubic yards = $180

This includes pickup and delivery of the mulch, prep the beds, spread and clean up all the waste.

I hope this helps.
    Mark