1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching and Bed Edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Mar 13, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an appointment to bid on mulching and bed edging job. The beds are already there and just need to be refreshed according to the customer. Do you guys do the bed edging by hand or use a power machine? I was also thinking of charging between $0.95 and $1.25 a foot depending on the condition of the beds.
  2. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

About $1.00 a foot is a fair charge, i recommend the Brown edger (if you have a fair amount of distance (more than a couple hundred linear feet), and as long as they arent super tight turns!) but doing it with a spade can be just as good if you don't have at least 1 or 2 hundredd feet or so because of having to run and pick up and clean and dropoff the edger. Try and line up more edgings in the same day, do all the edgings, and reapir the mulch another day to maximize your profit.