Mulching and Striping Kits

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ACA Lawn Care, Apr 8, 2004.

1. ACA Lawn Care

ACA Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I saw in a magazine the they would be offering a striping kit for the Metro HP. I have the 48". How much would these run for. I also live in the south with warm season grasses and a bunch of weeds. My dealer said they weren't worth getting because you have to have really thick green grass.

Also I am interested in the mulching kit, can you tell me some good things about this kit.

Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

ACA,

We do not currently offer a striping roller for the Metro HP. The current roller set up for the Metro HP interferes with the wheel drive pulley and wheel drive belt.

As far as the mulch kit is concerned...........I like it. I like it a lot. In fact I wouldn't own a mower with out one. But that's me.

The mulch kit has its limitations. Those limitations are wet conditions, excessively tall grass and they don't always cut some stemmy weeds well.

What the mulch kit has going for it are, less potential for thrown objects, free fertilizer for the lawn, better moisture retention for the lawn (important in the heat of summer) can eliminate the need to bag leaves, and it's faster to mulch than to bag clippings.

Thanks

Terry