Mulching Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Apr 4, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a lady that has a flower bed that she would like to re-mulch. It's about 475sq. feet. How many bags of mulch would I have to have to cover it atleast 3 inches deep? I've never done any mulching before so this is all new to me. Also how would you charge for something like this and how much? How long would something like this take? Any advice you could give me would be great. Thanks!!!!

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

SCROLL DOWN TO THE &quot;MEASURING BEDS FOR MULCH&quot;DISCUSSION.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. steven Bousquet

steven Bousquet LawnSite Member

3&quot; deep 478sq. needs about 4 yards. thats about $300 delivered , installed.

4. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

steve where are you located, where im at im lucky to get 60.00 a yard<p>i think its more like 4.5 yards<br>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida<br>

5. eagle lawn services

eagle lawn services LawnSite Member

I figure it to be 4.42 cy, so go with the 4.5 cy. I am in central florida and buy my cypress mulch bulk at $15 dollars a yard and can't sell it for more than $40 per yard. What are you guys paying per yard for cypress? And how do you get $60 per yard?

6. cjcland

cjcland LawnSite Senior Member

eagle i charge 55/yard for 1-2 yards and 50/yard for any more than that, i am paying 17/yard <p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida

7. grasskutter

grasskutter LawnSite Member
    from mass.

In good ole Ma. pine goes for 19 yard wholesale, 32 a yard for hemlock wholesale, so I charge 50 yard for pine installed(without edging price added in) and 65 for hemlock.Figure about 4 yards for what you need and go from there. Just remember, your worth the extra dollar so ask for it, the most they can do is question you, and then tell them why your worth the extra dollars.<p>----------<br>grasskutter@cs.com<br>