1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching blade recommendation? - TTHP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Mar 6, 2003.

BAMARED LawnSite Member

I've got an Exmark Turf Tracer HP, 48" walk-behind that I'm buying a mulch kit for as well as a set of good mulching blades. Can anyone recommend any specific brand/type of mulching blades that has worked well for you?

Thanks in advance,

2. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Hello,You might get the Exmark Excaliber blades with your mulch kit. If not,get some, much better than the original equipment mulch blades.Ask your dealer,I ran them all last season,excellent in hardness and keeping edge.:angel:
  3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The Exmark mulching blades that come with the mulching kits seem to do a great job for me. I have a 48" lazer HP (same deck as tt hp). I also have a 32" fixed deck Toro that uses the Exmark mulching kit (exact fit) that I just set up today. Just mulching leaves and stuff today playing around with the deck settings, but it seems to do a good job.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Steins RAPTERS:D :D :D
  5. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

you should get the Excalibur mulching blades with the mulch kit
    purchase. Overall, I have seen them have great results.
  6. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I got blades from my dealer and don't know what they were called but they have raised teeth on the back edge and they are amazing
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

LAWNPROzII LawnSite Member

Hey Taussig, Danny down at K-Hill been selling you some overpriced gators.