Mulching Blades?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by creek chub, Apr 21, 2004.

1. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

Hey guys!

I am very close to starting my own lawn care business and have a question. Do any of you guys use mulching blades? I'm looking at a couple W/B 36" and the sales guy said not many guys are using them. That is the first time a saleman didn't try to sell me everything under sun. I know I mulch my yard just wondering you guys use them as well. Oh, I'm leaning towards the Gravely or JD. Any input there?

Thanks-Creek Chub
  2. kmeku

kmeku LawnSite Member

I use a mulching kit on my 36 exmark wb. The customers like the results. I'm very pleased with the cut and ease of no bagging. works well on mulching up oak leaves and magnolia leaves too.
    Good luck.

3. RBall151

RBall151 LawnSite Member
    from KS

What exactly is a mulching kit? I've got a 36" (2 blades)...and it shoots out the grass from the side discharge...isn't that a mulching kit?
  4. kmeku

kmeku LawnSite Member

A mulching kit is basicly a group of baffles mounted under the deck around the blades, which prevents it from discharging out the side port, that causes the grass cuttings and leaves to bounce around more and therefore be mulched up more. No grass will discharge out the side port, no bagging, very nice cut.
    Cost about 130.00 retail.

I hope this helps.