1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulching charge

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Blades of Steel, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

What would you as a company charge to install 100yds of playground mulch? The only was to install is with wheel barrows through the gates and into the play pits . This is all labor the mulch is purchased by the schools.

I will tell you this. The job is done and accounts payable has questioned the invoice amount for the first time in 6 years. I think I give them a hell of a deal. so let me know what you would charge and i'll tell you what i charged when i get your replies.

I will tell you this much. it took 6 men 8.5 hrs from start to final clean up..

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

2 grand?
  3. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

i would probably have quoted around 2200, you had to use your own tools too, right?
  4. Blades of Steel

yeah my tools, scoop shovels, pitch forks, back pack blowers and wheel barrows.

5. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

So, what did you charge them anyway and how did you calculate that?
  6. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Around here I would charge $2500. But would probobly get lowballed for around $1800.:dizzy: :dizzy: Most stuff to do with the town is either done by the town or lowballed.
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

100yds by hand?! are you guys nuts, make a phone call, hire a blowing company, add your desired profit, do "nothing", make money.
  8. Blades of Steel

Most of the time the mulch blowers here in town are booked up 4 to 6 weeks and my client waits till the last minute to purchase it and then needs it put in ASAP for government inspections.

So by hand or skid steer is usually my only option.
  9. Encino Lawns

Encino Lawns LawnSite Member
    from TX

I would charge around 2500
  10. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

1800 for a good deal 40$ per man hour..