Mulching Commercial Mower Advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Crew, Mar 25, 2005.

1. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

Walk behind mower advice needed. Need to use for lawn cutting, don't have a dump truck and will need to mulch. New business out of economic necessity. Used to use Scag 48" back in late '80's '90. On a budget to get this off ground.

What type of blades are needed and what mowers are recommended. Prefer Scag and Toro. Will need either two mowers or find a Great Dane with the flip up wing for sale. Anyone have one for sale? How much are they?

Give me the skinny on blowers and weedwackers. Light is right. 26 cc. Red Max, Shindaiwa preferred. Model #'s appreciated!

Thanx!

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You are probably going to have to demo a few mowers with the mulch kit installed to make an informed decision. That is unless some of the New Yorkers happen to see this and happen to mulch.

A 23hp 52" eXmark Turf Tracer is probably a good place to start.

3. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

I don't own one but have operated a friends Exmark TT w/ the ECS controls and it was awesome. He was running the mulch kit at the time and I was very impressed w/ the cut and ECS controls. If you've run SCAG pistols before then you should like the ECS. I run a Hustler Super Z but have never operated Hustler's SuperWalk so I can't comment but I love the Z and hear great things about their walkbehinds as well. Good luck on your search and startup.

4. The Lawn Crew

The Lawn Crew LawnSite Member

bump bum p bim nsnsns sim sala bim!

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

bun out di chi chi

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I can't sing sooooo
    Exmark mulching system is great.
    I have one of those great dane WB that fold up. They are about $5500 new. 52 in cut 22 kohler. I'd sell you mine, but little far from NY to MO.

7. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck mulching in NY all season long with ANY large mower. :)

Mulching is for Southern locations only. I've tried every combination of blades etc. on 48" mowers, here in MI. The mulch kits ALWAYS come right off.