Mulching comparison. Exmark Toro users.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dishboy, Jul 27, 2004.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have a 36 in Exmark TTHP and it mulches great with the Exmark kit . My question is does the Toro commercial 21 [with suzuki ] mulch and hide the clippings as well as the above mower. My wife needs a light mower that mulches well, my Honda's are beating her up.

If you use these set ups your imput will be appreciated.

Tom

2. dishboy

from zone 6

bump

3. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I have the toro 21" 2 cycle Suzuki. Mulches great...best 21" mulching mower out there, imho. Not the best bagger tho.

Not sure you can compare the mulching of a one blade 21" mower with a 36" walk behind. But, my 36" Gravely's mulch's great, and the 21" toro does an equally great job of mulching. Tho, in higher/wetter grasses, the less horsepower of a 21" will not get through it as well as the higher horsepower 36".

4. dishboy

from zone 6

Thanks!

Tom

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Tom,

All I have to say is that it must all depend on where you live. If not, something is wrong with my Toro 2 cycle. IMHO it does not have the deck design nor does the engine have the balls to mulch what I'm up against. I don't personally think they are all that light either. But maybe they are compaired to your Hondas.

How heavy is that new Honda?.... (HRX???)

6. dishboy

from zone 6

I have the commercials , 126 lbs dry. HRX's are 93 lbs.

I have control of the fertilizer and growth is not a problem so I am hoping the Toro will hide my clippings.
    My Hondas mulch OK once I removed the baffle around the blade brake, but it still leaves clippings my Exmark gets. I bought the machine today so I will post after I run through my thick lawns.

Tom