Mulching Complaints

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by fairways, Mar 30, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

If you can charge $55 per yard to spread the mulch then maybe you could find a company that has one of those mulch/bark blower trucks and sub the work out.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a 6 x 10 ton dump trailer that I can put sides on, I can trailer between 7 and 8 yards of mulch fairly easily. Largest mulch job this year has been 12 yards, 15 yards is about my limit for a job before I call in a delivery truck :). Putting down mulch is probably my favorite thing to do as far as this goes. Love to see the finished job.

-Geoff

3. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

With that 2 gran buy a bigger truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

She probably was lonely and just needed to hear a human voice.

5. BryantLandscape

BryantLandscape LawnSite Member

I always lay a large tarp down and have it dumped at the closest point of where it's going...

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Unless it was a dead end or cul-de-sac, I wouldn't even consider dumping in the road. Maybe you're roads are wider or less populated than mine, but I've never seen it done in my area either.

6 yards or less I usually haul 3 yds at a time in my P/U. Over 6 yds I have delivered, usually to an out of the way area of the driveway or on the lawn next to the drive. Clean-up isn't bad if you have a power broom.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes sure. I am willing to spend the 2 grand a year to have it delivered. If it is a large job, I am not wanting to be running and getting mulch. At 50 for delivery of 15 yards I have no problem paying that. It would take me at least an hour more like 1 1/2 -2 round trip to get 10 yards. I can be spending my time placing instead of running to get mulch.
    I agree a larger dump would be great. However, with the amount it would get used and having to pay insurance and taxes on, really not worth having around.

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Dosen't your customer pay the delivery fees??

9. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Get yourself a nice dump trailer then you can get alot more uses out of that than speanding so much on another truck... Or better yet sub it out to a blowing company!!! payup

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

No friggin way would I ever even consider dumping it in the street...cops will hassle ya and some of it will disappear too.