mulching improvement suggestion

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by brucec32, Jul 23, 2002.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I just installed my new mulching kit on my lazer z hp. About 45 minutes. I should be able to do it in 30 or so once I'm more familiar with it. Does Exmark have any plans to market mowers with a system of quick change decks (mulching to discharge) like Toro did with their 37" deck in the past? I know that one didn't mulch as well as the Exmarks do, but I would think it would be possible to work something out.

I would like to be able to switch from mulching to discharge w/o eating up so much time. Even the addition of wingnut type nuts would save some time. And I'm sure the little piece near the discharge that has to be removed could be made to swivel from one position to another, saving a few minutes.

Maybe a "snap in" attachment with only one bolt requiring tools per piece would help, too.

I think if you could offer a convertible mower like this it would be a huge sales coup. Scag, I believe, has a system that is somewhat faster to convert.

Just my two cents.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bruce,

Great feedback and I thingk that anyone who has ever swapped one out and put it back on later would agree with you as well.

One suggestion until we come up with a better system is to replace the fasteners rather than try to re-use them if you ever take the mulching kit back off.

Thanks

Terry