1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mulching invoice

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Oscapes, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Oscapes

Oscapes LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Does anyone have a sample mulching invoice that I could take a look at?
  2. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a generic invoice that can be used for any service. I don't see the need to have separate layouts for different things.

Logo at the top, along with customer's name/address, and an invoice date.

In the middel are 3 headings: Services provided - Date of Service - Price

At the bottom is a tear off which the customer mails back with their check. It has the customer's name/address, invoice date, due date, and balance due. There is also a box for them to write in their check # and the amount. That way I don't have to. I just staple the stub to my copy of the invoice and file it.

So, for mulch, just write in under Services provided:

xx yards of Hardwood Mulch installed. - Price = $xxxx

Sometimes I list more things such as materials, delivery, installation, cleanup.

Listing more services helps them better understand all the work that went into your price.....I don't quote them separately, I just use 1 total price. Otherwise poeple start arguing about the little things, and how much each one costs.

Hope this helps.
  3. Oscapes

Oscapes LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

Can you attach it so I can take a look at it?
  4. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Here's a sample that we use to invoice on the spot that covers every service we offer.

Attached Files: