1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching Job

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Crewcutlawncare, May 29, 2006.

1. Crewcutlawncare

Crewcutlawncare LawnSite Member

I know I have posted one or two things about doing mulching jobs but I wanted to get a companies idea of pricing. How much do you guy's charge per hr. for each man that is on the job. Meaning if you have 4 guys on the job then you charge them X amt. of dollars. Second question is how much do you charge for the actual mulch itself? So for instance if the mulch is $26.00 - per yd. then you charge the customer???. And last but not least do you ever have a set min. charge for the customer. Like 4 men at $15.00 - per hr. with a 10 hr. min. ? Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated!
  2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I charge $25/cubic yard, although it is usually just myself and one other guy doing it. For the mulch, I purchase it and then mark it back up to what the price was before my discount. What kind of job are you doing where it would take 4 guys 10 hrs???
  3. Crewcutlawncare

Crewcutlawncare LawnSite Member

I was doing a 35 yd. mulching job for an Arby's Restaurant.
  4. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I get $60.00/per yard installed, that includes edging and weeding the beds.

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

for edging preping and installing we do about $105/yard
  6. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

thats cheap i get 55 per yard (cost me 21.00) installed just the mulch then per foot for bedscaper runs (price varies per client and how long) and weeding is per quote.

What are you edging with for free ? just a trimmer ?

example of one we just did
    23 yards cypress mulch installed. $1265
    968 ft bedscaping (discounted for bulk at .65 pf) 629.20
    Weeding beds are included in monthly maint contract so n/c there... (took an extra 3 man hours)

$1894 plus tax.

one guy dumping mulch with small tractor 2 guys raking it out... bedscape time under an hour.

if its hard to reach areas It would be a bit more.