1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching kit and/or gator's for a Lesco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DEA, Oct 24, 2004.

1. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member

Has anyone used the mulching kit or gator blades on thier Lesco or MTD?
    I have a 48" wb and was wondering what is the best setup for leaves.
    Also thought about just closing off the chute with a plate,don't know how this would work though!
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

DEA--I have the mulching kit for my older lesco 48 belt and I have used gator blades.

the kit for mine consisted of only a pre-fab curved plate to close off the discharge. there were no internal baffles.

using the kit is a miserable experience........which is probably not just limited to LESCO.

it is very dusty behind the unit since there is no discharge, thus the miserable experience.

but it just might be the thing for you so I say try it. but I'd make my baffle before I payed LESCO for theirs if I were you.

good luck!

GEO :)
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think the kit you would get would depend on which 48" WB you have. I think GEO is referring to the fixed deck, whereas the floater should use the same mulching system as the Z-2 because it shares the same deck.
  4. DEA

DEA LawnSite Member

The kit I saw at a Lesco dealer had the 3 baffles.may not have been the right kit!
    Also I do have the fixed deck
    Is there a good setup for mulching leaves?