mulching kit for 52"Viking

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by 2BladeRunners, Jun 14, 2004.

1. 2BladeRunners

2BladeRunners LawnSite Member

We have a 52" Viking that experienced some carb problems so we took it to the local dealer - by the way, Jon and Eric at Kubota of West Michigan are excellent... great service, always helpful!
    They gave us a 52" Turf Tracer to use while they work on our Viking. After using the TT for a day I understand what a great machine it is and I'm sold as soon as we can swing it we'll own a TT. But for now, back to our Viking...I noticed the decks are similar and that the 52 TT we used is set up for mulching. We looked for a mulching kit for our Viking but the dealer doesn't list it. Is it possible to adapt the mulching kit from the 52" TT to work on the 52" Viking?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

2bladerunners,

Wow! Your working with one of the best dealers we've got. I know a lot of the guys over there from another store they worked at previously. I've even been there once or twice for seminars and such. I had to give them a call last year on a problem I ran into that I hadn't seen before. Sure enough they'd seen it and knew exactly what I was talking about.

Back to the Viking. The correct mulch kit is a MK523. The MSRP is $155.

Thanks

Terry

3. 2BladeRunners

2BladeRunners LawnSite Member

Hi Terry,

We picked up the MK523 and see how it is to be installed. Our deck does not have the front bezel the kit parts connect to. Do you have a part number for the front bezel?

Thanks!
    Rick

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Rick,

Thanks for calling. Per our conversation the pre 97 (?) model fixed deck mower do not have the welded in flow control baffle. You'll need a MK522.

Sorry for the invonvenience.

Terry