1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching Kit for the turf tracer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Oct 5, 2002.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

i should get my new 52 inch turf tracer middle of next week ordered the mulch kit with it was just wondering how well these work for leaves and do any of you guys use doubles when doing so . cant wait to try it out
  2. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" Metro ... the mulch system works well, although I have heard that it doesn't do as well on the 52" Lazers, but not sure if that means it would not work as well on a TT also.
    They are not designed to be used with anything other than the Exmark bi-level mulching blades, although I have heard of a few members using Gators, as singles and as doubles, with good results.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

the lazer does just fine with the anti blowout baffle installed on the 52 and 60's. i think you will be satisfied with it. on grass don't use anything other than exmark's blades. on leaves gators and the mulch kit tear them to bits.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Really? I'll have to remember that when mine is on again next year for the third season.;)

Yes the mulching kit will shred leaves. Put gators on in the fall with the kit and it will turn all leaves into dust. For grass, I have found on warm season grasses it changes the air flow to much and I get a row of grass across the surface. Cool season grasses are not effected as much.
  5. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

got my turf tracer today came in early .man I had wood all day mowing with that thing :D the mulch kit works better then i thought it would even in long grass just have to raise the deck some then go back over it a bit lower . im in hog heaven now
  6. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hey 65hoss, that is what I did hear from a one guy I ran into who has one. Like I said, that is what I heard ...

HarryD, I am glad to hear that you got your machine and are happy with it ... I am sure you will get many years of good service from it and make plenty of $$$$$;)