mulching kit removal?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by cariboulou, May 18, 2006.

1. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

Just bought a '04 32" metro w/mulching kit. I'd like to remove all pieces of the kit and blades and replace it with normal blades and a chute. Is there a site somewhere I could download assembly instructions for the mulching kit and just go in reverse? there are some parts undernearth the deck that I dont know if there are part of the kit or not?

Lou

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello Lou,

Thank you for writing in. We truly appreciate any comments or concerns that you have on your unit.

I have attached a copy of the instruction sheet for the Mulch Kit. You can see a diagram of the parts that you will need to remove. If you have any problems, please be sure to contact us again and we can further assist you.

Thank You

Christie Moore
    Exmark Customer Service Associate

Attached Files:

3. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know if you are looking t get rid of it but if you want to sell the mulch kit send me a pm.

adam

4. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Dear Exmark,

Would you happen to have the "instruction sheet" for the 36" TTHP. I bought an '05 used, in excellent condition, and it came with the mulch kit installed. I removed it along with the plate over the discharge, and installed "notched blades". I just want to make sure all is correct. As always, thanks for your support!

hillndale

5. eXmark

Hello hillindale,
    The above attachment to caribou lou is what you need. Let me know if you have other questions.
    Brian

6. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks Brian

So I removed the "birdwing baffle" & the "cover plate", but I'm still baffled, so to speak. The PDF says to remove blocker plate and cover plate. Can I assume those are one in the same? It also says to install "dogleg baffle(s)",-I don't see that. It's already there I think? All I see is the holes on the deck to reinstall "capscrews" to block screwholes in deck, to prevent sand etc from coming up through. Short of posting some pics of what I'm talking about, can you check it out from your end and tell me if I just have to install "capsrews", 'cause that's all I see is left to do.

Thanks Brian

hillndale

7. eXmark

Hello hillindale,
    You probably need the dogleg baffle, if it did not come with the mower when you bought it. Part # 1-302189-01. The blocker plate is part # 4 and the cover plate is part # 3. I hope this helps.
    Brian