Mulching kits?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenf, Jan 9, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Im fairly new but I have worked for commercial accounts before. I know that businesses do not like ANY green in there flowerbeds... Do all of you use mulching kits all year round? Some places, a mulching kit is a must.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I installed a mulching kit on my Lazer four years ago with the intention of leaving it on until late spring. I never took it off. I have found for most residentials and small commercials, it actually saves me time, even during the heaviest growth months. I only wish I had found that out years before.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We run mulch kits year round on every mower. They never come off.

4. Angel Garcia

Angel Garcia LawnSite Member

so, how do you pick up leafs in the fall>

5. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

We use mulch kits on all our mowers. They never come off.

6. skip1718

skip1718 LawnSite Member

mulch the leaves. you'll be amazed that a pile of leaves will disapear..

7. Angel Garcia

Angel Garcia LawnSite Member

what if the grass is too tall?
    or that if its too wet?

I have had a hard time this summer with my scag cutting wet grass

8. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

We run mulchers even on the 21.Saves so much time getting the yard to look its best.I started doing it about 2 years ago, one of the best moves Ive made. As for the leaves ,cut when they are dry and they will be gone after a cut or 2, not that thick here.

9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

It depends on where you are located. I would think in this case, you could use it all year round.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Where you using the Scag Wavy mulch blades.....we mow year round with all our mowers that have outlet blocked. I mowed a lot of wet rye grass it doesn't matter. If it gets real bad just take the 13HP Billygoat blower and it makes any clumps disappear real easy. YOu do have to raise mower sometimes when it is real wet.