Mulching kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicklawns, Sep 29, 2004.

1. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

Folks, I would like to add a mulching kit to my Lesco Z Two. What is involved with the installation on this or any manafacturers kit. Is it a nut and bolt job or do they snap into the under deck. This is the first year I think I will definetely need one and your help is as always appreciated.

2. cward

cward LawnSite Member

I'm not an expert on mulch kits, however, all the kits I have seen were "nut and bolt" types. I would talk to my dealer first. I would also recommend buying the mulch kit produced by Lesco for your specific application, they have done all the R&D and it should be the best kit for your mower. Your dealer should be able to tell you what degree of a pain in the a$$ the mulch kit is to install. Might be better off letting them do it. Good luck.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just put mines back on yesterday on my 48" Lazer Z HP. Its a nut and bolt job that takes 15-30 minutes. I use it from now till May.

4. A&M Landscaping

A&M Landscaping LawnSite Member

How well does that kit do on your exmark. I have one in the box for mine and never have used the thing once.

5. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

It works Great! Especially during fall when leaves are falling. If your accounts are weekly, you can use them year round. Biweeky during the summer growing months and bahaia grass is a bad combo. I use mines from late Sept. to Late April here in SW Ga. Keep in mind though I also have a 60" that I Ultra Vac or side discharge with so putting the kit on the 48" gives me the best of both worlds. I keep a mulch kit on my 36" walk behind year round. The only draw back is mulching blades do not last as long as high lifts. I can only sharpen my mulching blades 2-3 times before the foil on the back wears out.