Mulching prices

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LawnRangerofColumbus, Mar 29, 2004.

1. LawnRangerofColumbus

LawnRangerofColumbus LawnSite Member

Since I just went on my own in business this year, I am trying to branch out and do more with my LCO. I have been asked several times this year about mulching residences. What is the going rate for putting down a cu. yd. of mulch? Or do most of you do it by the job. Just trying to get ideas of how much to charge. I can buy locally regular hardwood mulch of $16 a yd and fine hardwood for $23. That is including my 20% discount.

Thanks for your help

Gary :gunsfirin

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

If i lay $40.00 worth of mulch i charge $40.00, i just double whatever im installing

3. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

Paying $20/yd. and charging $55 installed. That seems to be a fairly standard rate around here, and it returns me the profit I need.

4. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

In my area, I get it for 14.50/yd.

To deliver and install, i charge $65.

5. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here I can deliver it for $18-22 /yrd depending on what it is, and I install it for $50-60/yrd

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Dbl grnd hardwood..we deliver and install for $ 65.00 per yd. Red Dye is $ 75.00 per yard delivered & installed

7. mole

mole LawnSite Member

wouldn't't you be breaking even if you laid 40 and charged 40?. wouldn't't you want to charge 80?. that would be double. Maybe i'm reading your reply wrong but 40 x 2 is 80.

8. mole

mole LawnSite Member

what's with my keyboard with the t"s

9. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

try doing a search, about 900 people have asked the same question

10. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC.

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC. LawnSite Member

He is including the $40 to install it. His rate is double what the install is. If he has to install $100 worth of mulch, he will charge $100 plus the $100 to buy the mulch for a grand total of $200.