mulching quote?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnranger44, Jun 17, 2003.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

this is our first mulch job and it's huge. we just measured it and we got 3850 sq. ft. total. the customer will buy and deliver the mulch to his house. we just have to do the dirty work. we also have to edge all the flower beds and weed them. they are in rather good shape right now but the edges need some work. we are going to give a separate quote for edging. we think it will take at least two 8-hour days for my brother and I.

what is your opinion on a price for this job?

2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Well figure out how many yards there are then price it by the yard then add your edging on to it.

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

A job like you describe I may charge $40.00 per hour per man for labor, a small equipment charge, disposal charge for hauling away the edging material, and $25.00 per yard for spreading already delivered mulch.

4. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

My 2 Cents I charge $55.00 Dollars per Yard Deliverd and Spread.. I Pay $14 a yard.. So Labor Cost are $41 a yard. And for edging I Charge $2.50 a Foot

Weeding I charge My Normal Fee Of $59.00 an Hour

Hope This Helps

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

31 yds of mulch@$48 per yd(this is labor only, as u said, the customer is paying for product and delivery). 17cents per linear foot for edging with shovel, provided its workable soil, watch it on this, one time i priced the edging, then realized i needed a pick to get through the ground. $1488 for mulch only.

6. lawnranger44

thanks a lot everybody!!!! :) :D :)

this is going to help a lot.

weatherman and bobbygedd, I see a huge difference in your edging prices. why is that? do you guys use different equipment?
    we are going to us a regular three wheel edger to get a clean line but then follow up with shovels to remove the dirt.

thanks again for all the responses :D

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

well, im talkin about reedging a workable edge. i can do 10 ft easily in under a minute with a shovel.

8. lawnranger44

there is already a workable edge there. it isn't totally gone yet. we were thinking about renting a Brown bed edger for a day. would this be a good idea?

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

i dont know, how many feet are we talkin? if its easy enough to do by hand, by all means avoid paying for a rental.