1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mulching Rates

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Skimastr105, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

What should I charge for two guys to spread 7-10 cubic feet of mulch. It is already delivered and piled in the general area it needs to be spread. (not much heavy lifting).
  2. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

If I'm not mistaken cuz it's late and I'm tired, that's less than a half of a yard. unless you meant 7-10 cub. yards. We usually install mulch anywhere from 55-70 per yard no matter how many guys are on the job. The more guys that faster it goes but usually we run a 2-3 man crew. One fills wheelbarrows and the other dump, then when all is dumped, everyone spreads. The price is determined by accessibility, what we're spreading the mulch around (say tight beds with tons of shrubs where it needs to be laid in by shovel or those big enough for a wheelbarrow), drivetime and product availability. I couldn't see that taking more than 20 minutes to dump, spread, and cleanup, so no more than $40, but we also have a $200 minimum on our mulch jobs but you would get laughed at if you asked for $200 for spreading that much mulch. I'd say it's a judgment call.