Mulching results

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KLMlawn, Nov 8, 2002.

1. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Before

image001.jpg

2. KLMlawn

after

image008.jpg

3. KLMlawn

another before

image004.jpg

4. KLMlawn

OK, this seems to be getting screwed up somehow, the pics are getting posted backwards and I seem to have lost one ...??

The first pic I posted ...AFTER

image005.jpg

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

looks great! neat, clean and professional. how long did it take? what did ya use? how many men?

thanks for sharing :D

6. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

the stander looks really cool with the lights on it. Do you get pretty dusty mulching leaves on that thing though??

7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

looks great to me, are you useing doubles?

8. KLMlawn

Using the Stander pictured with discharge chute cutoff plate on for the fronts and an Exmark Metro with much kit for the backs, one set of high lift Gators (would prefer regular lift for less blow out, but everyone is sold out) . Just me and a helper, done in two passes and maybe a third if there was a little windrow in a few areas after the second pass. Maybe took an extra 25 minutes between the both houses and that includes taking the time to blow up the curbs and walks/drive prior to mulching and the mulching time. I would break that down into an extra 5 minutes per house to blow first and 7 1/2 minutes per for mulching. The blowing would have to be done either way, and you could easily use an extra 5-7 minutes or so for dumping the catchers and loading the barrels into the truck, but this way I don't have to take the time or have the added expense of going to the dump. I think they look pretty good ... honestly.

Oh, and NO - I really don't get too dusty on the Stander, if they were a bit heavier and it was a little gusty, maybe, but never a bad ordeal with dust.

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is some great before and after pictures! I really like your work. Thank you for taking the time to share the good results!

Gravely_Man

10. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Does look good. Only qualm I have is that 90% of the leaves are still in the trees. Show us some before and after pics when the leaves are 12 inches deep.