Mulching...the Final Thread

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Nov 20, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

I have read all I can read about this subject.

I want everyone to understand that mulching is good, bagging is good. If there are not that many trees in the neighborhood, mulch, if they are constant and heavy trees maybe bagging is better. And a final comment from me.. "If you mulch these lawns on a regular basis when you cut, onr big final clean up at all...EVER,, you can just charge for the leaf cleanup, and never really do it, just mulch once every so often when you cut the lawn

suggestions

2. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with you. Our philosophy is to do it the fastest and easiest way. Why break you back bagging and haul bags to the dump when there is another way. We are yet to bag a lawn this fall except for some sticks. This fall has been very dry and the leaves are mulched into dust very easily. To get the lawn in pristine shape we are making two and sometimes three passes but that beats the heck out of bagging. We are spending about 1 to 1.5 hours per lawn mulching.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Makes sense to start another thread about it then...
    That's right! Can't well all just get along? Let's give one big group hug and say, "S'all good." :rolleyes: Ok. Now let's do the happy dance! :blob1:

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Mulching...the final thread

I doubt it...lol:p

Mike
    DLCS

5. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

"......and that's all I have to say 'bout that"- Forrest Gump

6. bilbo7021

bilbo7021 LawnSite Member

sounds like a bad movie sequel that just won't go away :D

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

The leaf conditons are so bad by me now from all the rain that I'm lucky if I can bag, let alone mulch!

I did a clean-up today where the leaves under this huge maple were just a soggy mat about 4 inches thick.

Some of my lawns have standing water and several have areas too muddy to walk in, let alone take a machine. Other than running gators, I'm not mulching at all now.

8. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

Mulching II - Return of the Baggers

can't argue with that;)