Mulching wet grass with CT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Batson D. Belfrey, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Batson D. Belfrey

Batson D. Belfrey LawnSite Member

I'm a lowly non-comercial homeowner in the South with a new 44" CT. Between my yard and my mother-in-law's, I have about 4-5 acres of yard. I had a plain-old MTD rider with a mulch kit before it blew up, and after only a few weeks with the CT (which I love), I really would like to go back to mulching. Even the occasional clumping looked much better than the massive side-discharge I'm getting with the CT. I've got mostly Bermuda, and being that Saturday is my only day to mow, I mow wet or dry.

Is mulching wet, 4" to 5" grass impossible, or do you just have to go slower? And what is a "ezchute"? Would that cut back on the discharge? I think I found their website, but either it's down or I don't have the right url.

Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Batson,

You can get a mulch kit for the CT however the real limiting factor is moisture. No mulch kit works well in wet conditions however we can hold our own with anybody. Also mulching 4"-5" of grass is exceeding what we would recommend as well.

That being said if you could get by with a lawn tractor mulching in these conditions you should be able to do the same with the CT.

The EZ chute is an aftermarket discharge block off. It simply prevents the clippings from dischargine out the side of the deck and is not really a mulching system.

Thanks

Terry