Mulching with an eXmark Phazer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blewis3412, Mar 25, 2007.

1. blewis3412

blewis3412 LawnSite Member

I just bought an eXmark Phazer and I was wondering if I need to get a set of mulching blades to mulch instead of side discharging grass?
    or
    Could I just get a plate to cover the side discharge chute and use the stock blades to mulch?

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I would love a Phazer, what did you pay for it?

[​IMG]

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

if you put the true and full mulch kit i recommend putting the mulching blades. if all you want to do is plate off the discharge.... try some of the gator blades with that.

4. blewis3412

blewis3412 LawnSite Member

I paid $3999 for it.

Thanks for the advice.

5. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

WOW, thats cheap. Why is it that the Phazer is 4 grand, but the other machines are like 6-7. Why is it so cheap?

6. Vikings

from canada

It's 34" wide, a compact.

7. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I get that, but say you buy a 60inch for 9,000. Dont you think two 34's for 8000 is a better deal? Something doesnt seem right. I bought my 60 for 10,600 and I just bought a 48 inch for 9000 with a bagger system.

8. Vikings

from canada

Not sure, but maybe it has to do with time and salary and demand (or lack of). I would want one for backyards/gates AND the price.

If YOU bought a 60", what you saved in Labour would more than make up for the jacked up price, every week probably.

(or maybe it's a cheap piece of crap)

9. hdhillin

hdhillin LawnSite Member

WOW!! Here in Jacksonville they cheapest price for a phazer in $4500 at one place and the other two dealers both want $4999.00 You got a great deal.

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Gett the mulch kit from the dealer. includes closing the baffels, blades and discharge shute. Have tried several other blades and always go back to the exmark mulching blade