Mulching

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by newblade, Apr 23, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

I did my first mulching job this week and was wondering what I should charge. I live in KY so if anyone is close by like TN or in KY that would be nice to know how you charge. :dizzy:

2. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

"http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=73311" That link has the info I use to calculate mulch cost, and depending on the amount of flowers, bushes other obstacles in the mulch bed, I use a matrix price guide that's between $60-$72 an hour.

3. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

alot of ppl are charging between $50-80 a yrd....

I personally charge $60 yard installed..... 27sq feet.... 1'' high or 3x3x3, i can buy my mulch @ $25 yrd delievered.... bout $16 non delievered..... note this is a bulk price

4. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

mulch triple & double ground, red, brown, black cost $ 22/ yd
    express blower $ 19/ yd installed
    i always use express blower......... ~~~ Sell $65 / yd ~~~ $95 /yd

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

mulch blowers are a very good idea, in my area the mulch blowers cost 15 a yard, normal rate for mulch is 40 a yard, do the math its worth it to sub it out, I like to give the estimate to the customer sub the work out to the company and then do a follow up to make sure its been done to my standards. Works out well.

6. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Installed $75 a cubic yard

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You guys are getting big bucks for mulch. Here in Florida it's hard to get $45 per yard installed. The big landscape companies are blowing in Cypress mulch for $35-$40 per yard for 10 yards or more. I lost a 60 yard job to a big landscape company that charges $35 per yard for jobs that are 15 yards or more.

Down here mulch competition is fierce.

8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I ain't never seen a "mulch blower" in my neck of the woods. Might be a good opportunity for somebody with the $$$$ to set it up.

9. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i second that homer, in my area there is not an blower rig to be found in sight.....

how much is that for operation of an mulch blower?

10. joshlawn

joshlawn LawnSite Member

Mulch is big bucks here, but pruning is where I make a killing. On average, I make about $125 an hour. I'm no pruning expert, but that's just the market here right now.