mulching

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ihb, Aug 2, 2005.

1. ihb

ihb LawnSite Member

I have a John Deere GT 325. Am considering switching the deck to a mulching one, as when the grass is really growing I spend a fair amount of time raking the discharge. Also need to mow during the rapid growing season every third day or I have a real mess. I have 2 acres . Any comments?

Thank you

2. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

Bagger ..might help ..
    Two 3 1/4-bushel capacity bags. Easy-to-remove bags with a handle on bottom for convenient dumping. Hinged hopper top for easy access to bags. Windows in hopper top to let you see when bags are full. Black bags to show less dirt and debris, keep a cleaner appearance. Compatibility with 42, 48 and 54 inch mowing decks

3. luv2mow

luv2mow LawnSite Member

In regards to your mulching question. I mow 2 acres with a John Deere lt155.
    I have the freedom 42c mulching deck. Even during the peak growing season if i mow at 3.25 to 3.5 inches i have never had any problems with clumped grass. I have found sharp blades make a huge difference. You have alot more mower than me so i think mulching should be a breeze for you. I like the fact the yard always looked like it has been bagged. Hope this helps you out!

4. ihb

ihb LawnSite Member

I did go ahead and got the mulch kit. I have been very happy with the results and sorry I did not do last year. would have saved me hours of raking.