Mulching.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Clip Cliperson, Jun 3, 2001.

1. Clip Cliperson

Clip Cliperson LawnSite Member

o.k. when i asked advice on mulching or bagging it seemed like everyone is mulching. So I have one more question on mulching. I have some customers who only want cut every 10 - 14 days.( tightwads )Since these yards are pretty high what blades would be best for mulching these types of accounts and would double blades take care of this problem. Any advice would help out greatly. Thanks.....

2. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

clip, i hate to say it but it will be hard to mulch this lawn at 10-14 days for the next month, if the grass keeps growing the way it does.
    ok #1 are you talking about putting a mulching deck on your mower?
    2. what kinda mower do you have?
    3. mulching blades should come with the mulching deck?
    4.how much does the lawn grow in 10-14 days?
    5.eric elm would know the awnser if doubles would be best on a mulching deck.

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

ok well are we talking about discharge (mulching) or are we talking about a mulching deck. And in the case of a mulching deck how does that affect the stripping of a mower. I am looking to buy a new mower and i am greatly considering a exmark w/ mulch kit, but i was wondering if there is anyone that has it and how it stripes. I pride myself on my stripes so its a Really big deal

thanks for your help

4. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

Lawnmaster, We run mulching kits on all of our EXMARKs in the early spring and again in the fall. In my opinion, they still stripe very well.