1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Amazing Earth Landscapes, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Amazing Earth Landscapes

Amazing Earth Landscapes LawnSite Member

So what is everyone charging this year to lay mulch by the yard? Seeing what everyones market is like around the country.
  2. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

$104 a yard with bed prep/cleanup.

I'm charging $8/bag. People know what a bag is. 9 out of 10 have no idea what a yard is and if you tried to explain it to them their head would explode.
  3. Amazing Earth Landscapes

Amazing Earth Landscapes LawnSite Member

I'm at 105 now. Some guys in my area are at 85.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. crichardson

crichardson LawnSite Member

80 a yard then try to sell them a new edge cut out and weed removal and prevention.
  5. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

It varies by market. If I tried to get $80 a yard I do not think I would be getting many mulch jobs. I charge $60 to $70 per yard depending on the amount of mulch and edging to be done
  6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i don't charge by the yard. i charge by the job and how much mulch it takes and how long it takes to put it down.
  7. Element Property Mgmt

Element Property Mgmt LawnSite Member

i charge for cost of mulch per yard + delivery charge + cost to spread all mulch + any edging or bed prep if needed/wanted, simple.
  8. millie86

millie86 LawnSite Member

$90-$100 installed. includes delivery , cleanup, and installation.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I'm right at $100 per yard installed, that's with edging,weeding,install, and product. We charge alittle extra per yard if its excessive weeding/over grown etc. Also charge extra if they want the premium hemlock/black/Horrible red mulch that costs more per yard.

We do roughly 275-300 yards of mulch a season.
  10. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Holy cow...that's a lot of mulch Goldpro. I'm priced about the same (tad higher) but that's only for maintained beds. If we have to renovate and pull out all kinds of weeds from last season it's even higher.