mule drive belt adjustment

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lazer 46, Apr 28, 2006.

1. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've just put 5 hrs. on my new Lazer with the triton deck. I noticed that the mule drive belt is out of adjustment already. In other words the bolt on the pulley lines up with the bottom hole that is used as a marker for this adjustment. It is suppose to be above this hole or in the middle of the two holes. I made the adjustment as I have on my other lazers in the past , only now I have maxed out the adjustment after only 5 hrs. Is this normal? I don't remeber ever doing this after only 5 hrs.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. We appreciate any comments or concerns that you might have.

It is a little out of the ordinary to have your mule drive belt broken in at 5 hrs but we do see it happen.

What you will need to do is adjust the stationary idler arm (opposite side). The idler is mounted in a slotted hole to make any necessary adjustments. Simply loosen the bolt, pull down the idler until the bolt head (on other side) is lined up where it should be and tighten it back up.

This should take care of your adjustment. If there is anything else we can do to help, please don’t' hesitate to contact us again.

Christie Moore
    Exmark Customer Service Associate

3. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

If you read my post again you will see that I have already made the adjustment. My question is what do I do if the belt stretches more and I have already maxed out the adjustment to the point where I can no longer move the pulley in the adjustable slot. That is where it is at now with just 5 hrs. on the machine.

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Are you kidding me? Only 5 hr and has to adjust mule belt? Is this factory defective or low quality belt?