1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Multi-Purpose Tools

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LB Landscaping, Oct 2, 2002.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Does anyone use any of the multi tool systems? I am refering to the one that you can change from a trimmer to an edger, or hedge trimmer, pruner etc. I visited a local fair yesterday and they had a display of Maruyama equipment. The dealer claimed that they hold up well. The price was a little high but much cheaper that buying each tool as a whole. Are they worth it. I am considering other brands as well.

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using the Maruyama multi cutter for years. I have the trimmer, edger, hedge trimmer and chain saw attachments. You'll be happy with it.
  3. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes I have been using the Stihl FS85RT split boom model all year. The unit is well made and is a snap to convert attachments. I thought there would be a problem with aligning the two shafts but it goes right together.
    I would say 20 second to switch from line trimmer to edger. This thing saves me all kind of space.

You will not be disappointed!

Heres my list of tools for the multi-cut.
    1. Extended hedge trimmers 18" cut straight-90-degrees articulation.
    2. Power sythe.
    3. Line trimmer (comes standard)
    4. Edger.
    5. Chain saw (pole saw)

Maybe I should list what I dont have instead:)

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen many around. I am looking at getting a new trimmer anyway so I will probably go the multi tool route.
  5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i sell the redmax extreme package for $975 delivered to your door. (save $300)

Engine: Pro-GZ25N Strato-Charged™

Engine Displacement: 25.4 cc

Carburetor: Diaphragm with Purge Pump

Ignition System: Solid State

Fuel Capacity: 1.37 pints

Click here and look in with trimmers to order!!

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

If the long term reliability on that set up in the Redmax is as good as the BC2600s I had, you will not be disapointed. I loved those trimmers.

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Captdevo, How do you change attachments? Do you have to have a tool to do that? Hard to tell with the pic.
  8. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

no tools....loosen a thumb screw....pull a pin.

takes all of 20 seconds.
  9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

But I have a Ryobi 775R with the trimmer, edger, hedge trimmer, blower and vac system.

I often use the trimmer, edge and the hedge trimmer when needed. I don't use the blower or vac system too much at all.

But the Ryobi, even though it's 100% homeowner grade, just WON'T die. Things gotta be 7-8 years old now, and still kicks up every time.

I know when it DOES die, I'll get a Redmax, Echo or Stihl replacement, and sell all the attachments on ebay... <G>

10. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

i use the shihl hl75 art. hede clippers and the pole pruner attachment with same power unit no problems so far,