Multi Site Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chance to bid on a multi site mowing job for a guy. There are about 30 different sites all within 15 minutes of each other. It comes to about 80 acres. I was wondering how I would go about bidding something like this. I was thinking just a X amount per acre. Also what is the going rate per acre for mowing, trimming, and blowing? Thanks

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

The first question is; would you be able to REALLY handle it?

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I would bid each site down the line. The way it sounds doing it by the acre is going to be tuff. Can't help you much on price because I'm sure it's different there then here. Good Luck.:waving:

4. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah we are able to handle that much.

5. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

90 bucks an acre per week. I dont unload for less than $45, thats for a 1/2 acre or less subdivision lot.

6. tiedeman

from earth

how wide open is it? Because up here, $90 for a wide open acre is really expensive. Now if there is a lot of hills, things to mow around ,etc. then I can see $90 an acre. Usually with places like this they like to go low bidder

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with that. To me $90-100 bucks an acre is a safe bid almost always so long as 1 acre is the entire property size. I feel that is a fair price that allows me to make good money. But that much is not easy to get. In fact, around here it is impossible if you are competing.

All my prices fall between $45 and $135 per acre, depending on the difficulties of each site and the overall size.

80 acres all within 15 minutes would be a pretty sweet deal and at that amount would be just as good as it would be if it were all in one place.

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Wow - 90 x 80 = $7200 per mow - I don't give a crap where you live - It can be down town New Jersey where the prices seem to be the highest, but you are so far off it is scary!!!!! - Yes I also have a $35 minimum, but when it come to 20 acre commercials, it come down to $25-30 per acre. Otherwise, I would not even have to buy a mower, because I would have no jobs. GET REAL!!!!!!!

9. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes if you are completly clueless on how to do something this large...(I have learned the hard way) its sometimes better to sit this one out for a year and build up to it. I went after large properties and although I got them...I didnt really know what I was getting myself into. Everything went fine & I learned alot (the hard way)

10. tiedeman

from earth

I totally agree. I was going to put a bid on a local cemetary. But when I looked it, my bid was going to be approx 3 times more than the last people charged, They like only charged around $26,000, and I was going to charge around $68,000. I said forget it, they will never go for my bid. They would actually probably laugh at it.