Multi Task Tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeycats, Mar 5, 2005.

1. joeycats

joeycats LawnSite Member

Stihl makes a tool called a Yard Boss. Has Anyone ever used this cultivator multi tool? :

MM 55 STIHL YARD BOSS®

Lightweight, powerful and versatile are just a few of the words that describe this new yard care system from STIHL. Using a universal power train, this machine easily changes from a cultivator to other useful tools. This is a must-have for around home.

The YARD BOSS® comes standard with a "pick tine" cultivator set, as shown in the photo. Also available is an optional weight kit. This kit helps the tines more efficiently cultivate the soil. The optional "bolo tine" cultivator set is also available. Other attachments are to follow, making this a must-have for around the home.

(Shown with pick tines and optional weight kit.)

Powered by STIHL HomeScaper Series™ engine
    Convenient throttle/start/run/stop controls built into the handle
    Compact, balanced, streamlined and ergonomic handle makes it easy to operate
    Handle folds for easy transport and storage
    Front handle makes it easy and balanced to carry
    Cultivator attachment uses "pick" style tines to aggressively loosen soil
    Easy to adapt for other uses, with future attachments coming

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

It's a home owners tool, it's not from their commercial line.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

If you are doing alot of mulch beds this thing is great flufing up old beds.We run shin and redmax multipurpose tools shin has a thing like it.

4. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Made for homeowners and probably won't hold up to commercial use for very long....Got to watch Stihl...a lot of their engines/models are made for homeowner use..

Go with the Mantis or the Echo equivilant of the Mantis tiller

5. TURF DOCTOR

Mantis and echo is the same.

6. Camelot Gardens Uk

Camelot Gardens Uk LawnSite Member

I have been looking at this as well as the Mantis, think I will go for the Stihl as it has other attachments. If I need anything more powerful I rent in a 8hp forward/reverse two wheel drive rotivator for the larger jobs. I look after large gardens in the UK with many flower beds. Everyone to his own I suppose.

7. ProCare Lawn Service

ProCare Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Take a look at this i have one and it is great.

Three engine models to choose from:

* M230 - Powerful, lightweight, proven Shindaiwa 230 engine. more...
    * M231** - Shindaiwa 230 engine with advanced technology. Meets environmental standards: EPA Phase 1 and CARB Tier II certified. more...
    * M2500** - Stronger, smoother, quieter. Uses patented C4 Technology®. Emissions reduced by 75%. Meets 2005 EPA standards. more...

string trimmer attachment small
    String Trimmer Tool

Click to Enlarge

hedge trimmer attachment small
    Articulated Hedge
    Trimmer Tool
    Click to Enlarge

pole pruner attachment small
    Pole Pruner Tool

Click to Enlarge

powerbroom attachment small
    PowerBroom Tool

Click to Enlarge

cultivator/tiller attachment small
    Cultivator/Tiller Tool

Click to Enlarge
    lawn edger attachment small
    Lawn Edger Tool
    Click to Enlarge
    Several Interchangeable Attachments

Trimmer: With its 18" cutting swath, the trimmer attachment converts the Multi-Tool System in to a commercial-grade string trimmer. more...

Pole Pruner: Convert a Multi-Tool System in to a 110" pole pruner for cutting the high-up tree limbs while standing firmly on the ground. Guide bars are available in 8", 10", and 12" lengths. more...

Articulated Hedge Trimmer: With its chrome plated 22 inch reciprocating blades and 58-inch total shaft length, the AH attachment allows for trimming tall hedges or low ground cover. The double-sided blades are adjustable through 10 locking positions and 150 degrees of rotation. The blades can be folded back for safe storage and transportation. more...

PowerBroom™: The unique sweeping attachment lets one person accomplish quickly what used to take a crew of workers hours to complete with rakes, shovels, and brooms. Sweep paved areas, grass, and floors without harming the surface. more...

Lawn Edger: Easier and faster than turning a trimmer on edge, the edger attachment provides a cleaner and lasting cut. more...

Cultivator: Powerful tool for turning soil for gardens, and planting beds. more...

8. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

They are close but not quite the same..

The Echo has a 2 piece handle with a center support to make it stronger and the Echo has a lifetime warranty on the ignition coil

9. joeycats

joeycats LawnSite Member

I understand the stihl is a homeowners tool, it still looks awfully handy. To bad they don't make this type of multi tool for commercial use.

10. TURF DOCTOR

The mantis uses a echo engine sorry about that. we run shin and redmax.RM has more power the attachments work great we are always pushed for room.