1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

MultiLevelFall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by MowingisMaddness, Jan 13, 2009.

1. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

We installed this one Fall of 2007. What do you guys think?

PeacockWater1.JPG

2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats an odd place for a waterfall but it looks alright none the less. not crazy about the black mexican pebbles, too much of a contrast between shape size and color. Same with the little pea gravel that seems to be scattered around. Is there a leak on the left side? the rocks look aweful wet. Looks good though, neat design

3. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Neat idea running it next to the walk like that. Very high impact for pedestrians. Must be a bugger trying to contain the splash that close to walkways though. Not real hot on the stacked ledgestone, larger single pieces (boulders) would maybe have shown a little better but thats just my opinion. Cool concept and implementation. Thanks for showing us.

4. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

That is a pretty technical install. If you made that work without any leaks that is awesome. I really like water features mixed with other forms of hardscaping like that.

5. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

We did develop a leak over the winter, but we found a way to re-plumb that didn't compromise anything.

Two problems:
    1) Customer expected pool quality water? She kept removing gravel to scrub algae off of it. I didn't really want her to chlorinate the water feature and never came up with a good solution.
    2) Water feature was sold as PONDLESS, however after it was installed and running, the customer wanted a pool in the lowest area. This has caused low liner issues every since. We reworked it and got about 3 additional inches of water, but then the customer just wanted more water in the bottom still.

We didn't install the Mexican Beach pebbles, the customer did. I don't think they look bad...