Multiple Zones Running

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bgmoney7, Oct 10, 2007.

1. bgmoney7

bgmoney7 LawnSite Member

I have a property that has 2 time clocks 24 zones on each. They had some landscape installed by an another contractor and now when I turn on my clock 3-4 zones all come on at once. Also, I have some zones on the second clock that come up as soon as I turn the water on with the first clock. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Assuming they didn't mess with the clocks, and the clocks are wired correctly, perhaps they either nicked some control wires or they rewired the valves for some unknown reason.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Most clocks are not strong enough to fire three zones at once...check to see
    the manual bleeders are all off. Do both clocks share the common?

4. Mike Leary

Another thought..contractor broke pipe a few times during install..crap got in
    & fouled the diaphrams & solenoid ports..check bleeders first.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Mike this is what i was thinking....this happened to us once..Contractor 6 zone feeds..we get the call...After some investigation we notice that 5 zones after the manifold are connected together :cry: :cry:

HA!
    as mr haze says,"I dont think that monkey had his banana that day" or something to the effect.

Also def check bleeders and valves themselves to make sure they are not the problem...Then check wiring and controllers is what I would do.

6. Mike Leary

Hydraulics first wire second vacation next

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Not consistent with the information provided. He stated that the valves come on when the clock is fired, not that they won't shut off.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

agreed to the Nth degree

9. Mike Leary

Unless it has a master valve Mr. Payattention smarty pants.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. I will now commence head banging :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: