multipurpose weed eater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flyboy03, Aug 18, 2006.

1. flyboy03

flyboy03 LawnSite Member

is there such an animal? i am looking for a professional quality forestry brushcutter and clearing saw with interchangable attachments, like hedge trimmer, pole pruner, etc. not sure where to start looking. i surrender*trucewhiteflag*
  2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Not sure those will fit the bill of a forestry brushcutter.

Get seperate units, if the powerhead goes out you are out of all your tools.

When you say you want a forestry brushcutter I think of a 40cc+ model, I dont think there is such a unit out that will doo all of those.
  4. cbmoore

cbmoore LawnSite Member

Husquvarna makes a split shaft trimmer 326 LDX with several different attachments. Trimmer head, pole saw, hedge trimmers, etc..
    I have the three attachments and love them. You can a brush cutter blade, but it may not have enough power for heavy brush.
    Brian Moore
  5. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl ..... The One.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

The Tanaka split shaft may not be the way to go...but you may want to look into some of the larger Tanaka weedwhackers/brushcutters. They can use all of the original tanaka attachments...pole saw, hedge trimmer, tiller and they may have a power broom for them now...not sure if that is only available for split shafts or what.

That way you could get a much larger 340 or 430...I am unsure as to if the 600 is able to be used with any of the attachments. But that gives you a 32cc and 40cc option...possibly a 47cc.

The only attachment that you cant use with the larger models is the edger...that one is only for the split shafts as far as I know.
  7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the echo pas260 has plenty of power to run all the attachments.