Murphy's Law

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Jun 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Why does a family of lowballers (SCRUBS) That Proudly displays Their KGRO (kmart) Mowers in the back of their truck , Have to move in three houses down from me? They also seem bent on taking some of my customers away from me, Is there any precautionary measures i should take to prevent this? Anybody else have those people for neighbors?

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Friendly neighbors huh?

3. powerreel

powerreel Banned

These photos may help as to what I would suggest:

I edited out the link since this post was reported by a member.

Edited by Eric ELM

4. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like you missed
    Trajectory is a b!
    Better luck next time!
    Keep us updated

Btw, wait for 2 or 3 in a group. It will increase your odds.

j/k Big Bro...

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

theres not but one that i know of that really would work.
    you just have to decide if its worth it.also helps to be able.
    not advocating anything here. you ask what would work.
    later now.

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

... let's try to remember that they may not know any better. Have you even tried to talk to them and explain, in a roundabout, nice way, how things work? I guess I just need to remember that I was once one of those people, and so have a modicum of understanding for others.

Heck, a lot of you guys would probaly still consider me one of those people. I'll be sure and post pics sometime soon of my setup.

7. viper, i dont know where you live, or what kind of area you live in. however you could always make things rough for them. cause i know that where i live is zoned for residential only. no commercial. so when i bring my stuff home i have to be careful. if you are similar, and keep your stuff at a yard somewheres you could always call up the cops and whatever.

8. Alan

Alan Member

Why do we need to constantly have this phobia about "scrubs"? Spend more time doing your work and treating your customers right and less time worrying about what others are doing and you'll be ahead of the game. There's a whole bunch of folks who learned how to price and what equipment works by starting with nothing and learning the hard way.

9. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

It's a free country and they can move wherever they wish I guess. I can't see what this really has to do with commercial lawn care and will only decline in content. As Alan said, you should'nt have to worry about these people if you are doing a good job.

Sorry, topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.