Murray Striper??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NNJLandman, Jul 6, 2003.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have about 5 accounts where i can't fit a large walk behind in threw a fence or some other obsticle so i have a Murray walk behind, not self propelled or anything and i was wondering if any of you know of a striping kit for this type of Mower off hand. Thanks

Jeff

2. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know of any striping kit. Try a strip of rubber attached to the back between the rear wheels. Maybe with some weight at the bottom. Careful of the cost...you don't want it to exceed the value of the mower. LOL

3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

yea there is a strip of rubber but it doesn't stripe that well.....I'll try adding some weight to it. THanks

4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

try a piece of cast iron pipe as weight, make it the width of the flap, just liquid nails it into place.:)

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

6. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

I would not just use glue to attach this. IN the event you backu up with the mower and the flap rolls under the deck it could come off and get hit by the blade. Then you know what.

ON another note i have used murray push mowers for about 6 years. The first one i got for free and had to fix it up and it was a good mower and did what i asked it to do. I just bought a new used 22 inch high wheel andits great. I dont use this one too much but for anyone who does not want to spend over 300 or more for some of the commercial units this is a good mower in my opinion. You can pick one up for less than 150.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Measure the hollow portion in the bottom of the flap. The go to Lowe's and get the largest diameter solid steel rod that will fit in there. The head over to the drawers in the hardware section and get axle push nuts to put on each end to secure it in the flap.

Also remember to adjust your deck pitch a little lower in the front.