Murray Twenty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bennett scape, May 8, 2008.

1. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

hi all just wanted to honor a great mowing machine the Murray Twenty. I have had one in the family for about 25 years or so and it still runs like a top and can cut anything (it does eat oil though) they are great!:weightlifter:

Picture.jpg

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Bet it leaves some nice stripes !:laugh: :laugh:

3. Bennett scape

no but i have seen it cut down grass 3' tall before and it is a peace of ****

4. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I know there indestructible. My buddy still has his fathers. He uses it to mow his little town house property.

5. Bennett scape

I put new wheels on it last year and the flap broke and a new blade but other than that everything is original. The engine must have a couple thousand hours on it by now. I will run it till it explodes in my face i love that machine. :usflag::):cool2:

6. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

those are great machines i didnt ever have the murray 20 but i had an older murray that was a champ then i bent the crankshaft :(

7. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How the hell do you bend a crankshaft????

8. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

you know those iron manhole covers? ....... yeah.... haha

9. Bennett scape

iron manhole covers yup! i once bent the deck on a grasshopper ZTR on one of those things.

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have an old 1953 model Huffy 18" push mower, that was my Grandfathers. He gave it to me in 1958 to start my mowing business. It is now 55 years old and runs great. It has had only one engine rebuild in it's lifetime. I use it for mowing really overgrown stuff, as it has a lot of torque. Has a B&S engine and NO safety devices.