1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Murray Yard king 26"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spooie, May 29, 2006.

1. spooie

spooie LawnSite Member
    from ma

Anybody have any Info on this machine? The price is right. Thanks.
  2. Ngog_Nrythrng

Ngog_Nrythrng LawnSite Member

I saw them at Walmart back in early '03. Kid working the lawn center said all they had sold were coming back in as returns. It was not designed well back then and it was for homeowner use.

I doubt any improvements have been made since and would recommend you stay away from it.
  3. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Dont waste your time or money
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

That pretty much sums it up.
  5. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I had just read in the last week or so that Murray went under last year. Swisher has taken over part of the bizz. Parts my or may not be a problem. At the place I work we use to sell Murray mowers. They were good units for what they were made for. Home Use.
  6. spooie

spooie LawnSite Member
    from ma

Are there any 26" that seem to be worth it. I read alot of negative things about the Exmark.
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You can probably get 4 murrays for the price of 1 Exmark. Exactly what are you wanting to use it for?
    Unlike the others, who are knocking this machine, I actually have one, and I think there is a niche for such a machine.
  8. spooie

spooie LawnSite Member
    from ma

It won't be run everyday. I need it for a relatively steep banking and the rest would all be flats. It probably wouldn't get more than 3 hrs of use each week.
  9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

It should be fine for that. Keep an eye on the nuts and bolts, they have a tendancy to loosen up a bit.