1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Muscle LSE vs. Timbren

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by RB, Dec 12, 2000.

1. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I've been pricing these products. the Muscle LSE is about $80 vs the Timbren about $170. These seem to be a similar product that will product similar results.

Who has either product and any opinion or favor for either product?

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just ordered the Muscle brand threw Napa saving over $100 over the other. We run 1Ton trucks with sanders with around 5000lbs of weight with sand. The guy that helps has the same truck with the Muscle ones and loves em.
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

I was just going to ask the very same question. I'm having a problem with my truck bouncing down too far after coming off of a curb or a speed bump. Gettin a little worried about breaking my plow mount or snapping the bolts off of the angle rams. I'm thinking these will help. Napa has the Muscle LSE???

4. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes Napa has these in there Napa shock book around $89.00
  5. matthew Urban

matthew Urban LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of another source?
    All I got at the local napa was a sea of dumdfounded faces

Buy the way 2-6"and sleet tonight....finally
  6. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Matthew Urban,

I got the exact same results, when requesting pricing on LSE Muscle supports from NAPA. I called 1-800-879-0540 which is a tech support number (for Monroe - Tenneco) and asked them for a part# for the application I was interested in, they gave me the part# and I called NAPA and they immediately knew what I wanted. I somehow fail to realize why this product hasn't been promoted better...their (Monroe's) marketing leaves something to be desired. But product works great and I can't compare them to Timbrens as I have never owned Timbrens. I get a discount and paid 71.40 for mine, Part# 441 for F-250 Ford.

[Edited by Finecut on 12-14-2000 at 04:30 AM]
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

What are they? Shocks? Air Shocks? Spring Shocks? I never heard of them.

8. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Best way I can think to describe them... is a heavy rubber spring (about 3" high)with two coils, that fits between the frame and axle. A bracket bolts to the frame and LSE supports bolt to the bracket. I forgot to mention that they are hollow. They help carry heavy loads and prevent spring damage and give your vehichle better handling capabilities loaded, yet don't affect the ride in a negative manner without heavy loads. I think both Timbrens and LSE Supports are giving a lifetime guarantee on their product.
  9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we just put timbrens on a chevy silverado 1500. they definately jacked the front end up more so it wont dip with the plow on. i would definately reccomend them.
  10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys, are they easy to install? Any drilling required or are they attached with u-bolts? I have never seen a pair up close.