Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bakerc8, Jun 9, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

How can i get rid of mushrooms with out spending a lot of cash its for my own lawn??????????????/

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

make a garden salad

3. try a golf club, great for taking out frustrations.

4. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

I have had a problem with them this year to I have just been picking them.

5. PSUturf

PSUturf LawnSite Senior Member

Mushrooms are the reproductive structures of fungi which are breaking down organic matter in the soil. They are usually indicative of a healthy population of soil microorganisms. They do not appear when conditions are dry. There is no practical way to get rid of them.

6. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

a thick well growing lawn... if they have mushrooms, they are on a good start

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Step on them, kick 'em. A customer told me once to put a laundry detergent paste on them. Guess it shrivels them up in a hurry. Sounds like a waste to me.

8. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

ya ok but what if i have a broken down stump and what chemicals should i use?

9. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

or would it make a difrence

10. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

put them on a pb and j sammy, wait 30 minutes, blast the wall by pink floyd and put on the wizard of oz. yes, the snozberries do taste like snozberries and you are tripping....man.

no chemicals, just let them run their course. meanwhile work on your slice with your 7 iron like someone else said.